So here’s an awesome recipe that I found for a Mexican Style Cheesecake Dip for football games or whenever, it’s amazing whether you serve it hot or cold.
1/4 c Melted Butter
1 c Cottage Cheese
1 1/2 c finely crushed Tortilla Chips
24 oz softened Cream Cheese
10 oz shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
3 small Green Chiles
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1/2 tsp each – Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, Cayenne Pepper, BaconSalt, Black Pepper, Habanero Powder (I use Ghost Pepper to really heat it up), and Onion Powder. You can also just use 1 1/2 Tbsp of Taco seasoning and some Salt and Pepper/Ghost Pepper to taste.
8 oz Sour Cream
8 oz Cheddar Cheese dip
1 c chopped Tomatoes
1/2 c chopped Green Onions
1/4 c sliced Black Olives
1/2 c chopped Cilantro
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine crushed tortilla chips and softened butter, and press into bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
3) Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Meanwhile, place cottage cheese in food processor and process until smooth.
4) In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the Cheeses, Chilies, Garlic, Tomato Paste, and Spices. Mix at medium speed until well blended.
5) Add Eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Then Fold in the Cilantro.
6) Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 60 Minutes.
7) Combine Sour Cream and CheeseDip; mix thoroughly. Spread mixture over hot Cheesecake; return to oven and continue baking for about 8-10 minutes.
Cool in oven with door ajar.
9) Run a knife along the side of the cake and pan to help loosen. Remove outer ring. Place on platter.
10) Garnish with Green Onions, Tomatoes, Avocado Slices and Black Onions.
11) Crack open Cold Beers and Serve
And there you have it, a filling, fresh tasting dip that serves 4 hungry guys on Gameday. Pop this in at the beginning of the game and it’ll be ready for you by halftime. Try My Buffalo Chicken Dip for a quick snack while your watching the first half and waiting for this to heat up.