California Rolls are a type of sushi known as makizushi, which literally means “Rolled Sushi”. Every sushi restaurant does them differently but the main idea is an inside out roll (where the seaweed is inside the rice) with avocado, cucumber and crab meat.
- 4-6 sheets of Nori
- 3 cups Sushi rice
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup Crab Meat
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 Cucumber (Peeled and Julienned)
- Regular and Black Sesame Seeds (garnish)
- Julienne or Mash the Avocado set aside in one bowl, combine Crab-meat with Mayonnaise and set aside in another bowl.
- Lay out a piece of Nori and apply a layer of rice evenly across, sprinkle with Sesame seeds and then flip over so the rice is on the bottom and the seaweed on top.
- Portion out the Avocado and the Crab Meat mix along the seaweed. Roll up then cut into 8 pieces.