This recipe is for the most basic element of sushi, the rice. Once you create this, you can add whatever filling you want to make any type of sushi. It will stay good for about 2-3 days in the fridge and doesn’t take much time to make beforehand.
- 3 Cups Japanese Rice (Sushi Rice)
- 3 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
- Wash the rice with Cold Water until the water is clear, allow to soak for about half an hour. Cook rice until all rice is cooked.
- In sauce pan, prepare sushi vinegar by mixing Rice Vinegar, Sugar, Salt and Pepper. Cook over low heat until sugar completely dissolves, allow to cool.
- Fold the Rice and Vinegar Mix together so that you don’t smash the rice, and allow to cool. Use within a day or two.