When I worked at Armstrong’s, a little place out of Pittsburgh, I remember waking up and making 10 gallons of this cheese sauce a day. روليت دبل زيرو Invented in the Steel City, this is a sandwich that was really popular with all the customers and is a great filling, comfort food that’s pretty easy to make up. It’s especially great for the few days after Thanksgiving when you have a ton of Turkey leftovers.
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups of Milk
- 8 ounces grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese, (Tillamook or Kraft Cracker Barrel)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard Powder (Colmans Mustard Powder)
For 1 sandwich:
- 3-4 slices Bacon
- 1 slice of Sour Dough Bread (toasted)
- 3-4 slices of Tomato
- 3-4 slices of Turkey
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter and sprinkle in flour. Be sure to cook the flour an butter until it begins to smell nutty, this will keep the flour from tasting pasty. سيرجو راموس
- Cook the butter and flour mixture over medium heat for about one minute before adding 1/2 cup of milk. When adding the milk, be sure to stir, and allow the sauce to thicken before adding another 1/2 cup of milk.
- Once this becomes thick add dry mustard powder and half of the cheese, stir until all is well blended and the cheese has melted. Add in final amount of cheese and milk, and stir again until well blended.
- You may want to add a couple of drops of hot sauce like Tobasco to give the sauce a little extra heat if you desire. عدد بطولات راموس
- Build the sandwich by laying a piece of toasted bread into a pie pan, or a heat resistant plate, and top with bacon slices, then tomato slices, turkey slices, and pour about 1/2 to 1 cup cheese sauce over the sandwich.
- Place sandwich under the broiler in your oven until the cheese begins to bubble and turn brown.