With all the mexican food trucks and taco stands out here in the southwest, I’ve become hooked on salsa verde. During the summer it’s a fresh change to normal red tomato salsa and it goes great on tacos/burritos or nachos. Plus, it’s quick nd healthy for you, so eat up!
- 10 tomatillos, husked
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice (or Lemon)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place tomatillos in a nonreactive saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Simmer until tomatillos soften and begin to burst, about 10 minutes.
- Drain tomatillos and place in a food processor or blender with onion, garlic, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, salt and pepper. Blend to desired consistency.