So I seen this recipe online the other day and these things look so awesome. They would be a great party snack to whip up a bunch before hand and then finish in the deep-fryer right before the game.
- 1 recipe for Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 package of Wonton Wrappers
- 1 Egg
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cook ground meat until done, add taco seasoning mix.
- Prepare an egg wash by combining 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water in a small dish and whisk together well.
- In a large pot heat oil to 350 degrees. You can use a smaller pot and save on oil as well. I sometimes don’t even bother with a deep fryer, I grab a 3 or 4 quart pot, add oil, fry in a normal everyday pot.
- To assemble the won tons take 1 won ton wrapper, about 2 teaspoons of ground meat and place into the won ton, fold the wonton wrapper over, brush the edges of the wonton with the egg wash, and fold over the wonton. Deep fry until golden and they float. The best judge for deep frying is the color and the fact that it is floating in the oil.
You can serve these with any type of condiment you like. Ketchup, Salsa, Cheese, Guacamole, Tapatio Hot Sauce or Even Soy Sauce and Sriracha!