While I was checking out some recipes, I seen this one for a Thai style sweet/sour Chili sauce. I love this sauce, it goes great on absolutely everything. Here’s an easy recipe to whip up your own batch.
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh Ginger Root, minced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Hot Chile Pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons Ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- Pour Water and Vinegar into a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in Sugar, Ginger, Garlic, Chile Pepper, and Ketchup; simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in Cornstarch.
- Remove saucepan from stove to cool. Then transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until needed.