Yams are a great side dish to add color and a candy-like sweetness. They’re something to whip up and allow to bake while you’re cooking a main dish. Definitely not healthy by any means, but the taste is worth racking up the calories for.
- 12 Yams
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Boil yams in skins until about half done.
- Drain water from yams, remove skins, and cut into cubes.
- Place cubes in a greased baking dish and dot with margarine.
- Make a syrup by boiling brown sugar, water, and vanilla together. Pour over the yams.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, basting frequently with syrup. Cook until yams are tender.