Since I had some leftover apricot preserves from dinner the other night, I made up some hot and sweet sauce. This recipe makes a pretty tasty Sweet Apricot and Habanero hot sauce that packs a punch.
- 2 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Apricot Preserves
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Diced White Onions
- 2 Tbsp Diced Tomatoes
- 4 Habaneros
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- In a food processor, puree the Habaneros, Tomatoes, Onions and Garlic with 1 Tbsp of Oil.
- In a medium sauce pan, Add the pepper puree along with another tablespoon of Oil and saute for a few minutes until the Garlic browns a bit and Onions soften and start to look translucent.
- Pour in the Apple Cider Vinegar and Brown sugar and bring to a boil, turn off the heat and whisk to make sure all the Brown Sugar is dissolved.
- Set aside to cool or bottle. This will last about a week in the fridge. This has a nice little kick and goes great on all types of Meat, Fish and Poultry. You can even use this as a vinaigrette for salads and sandwiches.