This sauce is awesome. It does things to your tastebuds that is only legal in Vegas. It’s an Chinese style sweet/hot sauce that is perfect for chicken wings. You can boost up the heat with more Sriracha or Frank’s Red Hot. This will give you a good amount of marinade/glaze and will work for about 5 pounds of wings.
- 1 (12oz) jar Apricot Preserves
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha (optional)
- 2 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- In saucepot, heat up apricot preserves over medium/low heat.
- Separately, Emulsify Soy Sauce, Garlic, Ginger, Sriracha and Pepper in a food processor.
- Combine with Apricot Preservers and whisk thoroughly.
- Portion half to use as a marinade, and the other half for a grill baste.
- Marinate Chicken or Pork for 4 hours to overnight to really let the flavors set in. When ready to use, add the other half to a sauce pot and let it simmer until it reduces to a glaze thickness, then use it to baste as you’re grilling.