This dish is a great stir fry dish that will feed 4 for only about $12-15 and can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes. You can swap out the pork for beef or chicken if you like, or really change it up with Spam.
- 1 lb Pineapple Chunks, (canned or fresh)
- 1/4 Cup Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 lbs Boneless Pork Loin (small cubes)
- 1 Onion, cut in chunks
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Cooked Rice
- Drain juice from pineapple; pour juice in a Dutch oven. Add vinegar, soy sauce, salt, ginger, and 1/2 cup water; stir until smooth.
- Add pork and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- Add onion, green pepper, red pepper, and pineapple chunks. Simmer 10 minutes longer, or until onion and peppers are just tender. Put cornstarch in a cup and stir in 3 tablespoons water.
- Stir into pork and juices; heat to boiling, reduce heat, and simmer the sweet and sour pork for 1 minute. Serve sweet and sour pork on top of rice.