I’ve been hooked watching Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations. There was an episode he did in Mexico that featured a small roadside cart that was whipping up tons of these street tacos. After watching it, I was craving these little snacks of goodness. They really are extremely easy to make and very cheap. I got about 3 days worth of food, heavy eating mind you, for about $20, which is alot cheaper than going to a fast food place. You can also swap out the beef for chicken if you like.
- 3 lbs Sirloin or Flank Steak
- 1 Onion
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- Pack of Tortillas
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bottle of Tequila
- Chop the Steak into small cubes, about 1/4 inch square. Add to a large bowl along with marinade, You can use whatever floats your boat, I just bought a marinade from the store to save on time. Let the steak marinade for a few hours up to a few days.
- When ready to serve, add the steak to a large skillet and cook until medium, add a shot of Tequila to give the meat a nice fire glaze.
- While the meat is cooking, chop one Onion and one bunch of Cilantro, mix together in a separate bowl.
- Heat up some tortillas on a griddle or in the microwave.
- Once the meat is thoroughly cooked, Pour yourself a shot and fold up some great tasting street tacos.