Here’s a good recipe for some spicy Stuffed Peppers that you can make in your oven or in your slow cooker. It’s a pretty standard recipe so you can leave out the Ghost Pepper if you don’t want to add the heat.
- 6 Green Bell Peppers
- 1 1/2 lbs Lean Ground Beef (85% or more)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup uncooked White Rice or Brown Rice
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1 Whole Head of Garlic, minced
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Pack Onion Soup Mix
- 4 Tbsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 1Tbsp Steak Seasoning
- 1Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Ghost Pepper Powder (optional)
- 2 cups (16oz) Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- In a pot, bring water to a boil. Add Rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes (30 -35 minutes if using Brown Rice).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place Peppers in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Remove Peppers from the water and set aside in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown the Ground Beef; drain. Return to heat and mix in Onion, Dry Seasonings, Cooked Rice, Worchestershire Sauce and Tomato Sauce and mix thoroughly. Let simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the meat mixture into the Peppers then Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until mixture begins to turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella over the top of each stuffed pepper. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is lightly browned, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut tops/stems off of Peppers and de-seed.
- Mix Meat, Worchestershire Sauce, Dry Seasonings, Rice, Onions and Garlic throughly and then scoop into topless Peppers.
- Add Peppers to Slow Cooker and cover with Water and Tomato Sauce.
- Allow to cook on Medium for 6-8 hours.
- Serve Sprinkled with Mozzarella.