You can make some great tasting ribs right in your oven. The key with ribs is to cook them low and slow, it helps to break down any tough tissue and keep the meat moist and tender. Doing them on a higher heat can cause them to dry out and toughen up. You can use this recipe as a base to make some great, melt in your mouth ribs in your oven in just a few hours.
- 2 Racks of Baby Back Ribs, or St. Louis Style Spareribs
- 1 Bottle of BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup Beer
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Garlic Salt
- 3 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 3 Tbsp Cheyenne Pepper
- 5 Tbsp BBQ Seasoning
- 1 Head Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 Cup Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Smoke
- 3 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Preheat Oven to 250F, Cut ribs into portions, roughly 3 ribs each.
- Add ribs to a good size roasting pan, cover with all seasonings and mix / coat thoroughly.
- Cover with foil and let bake for roughly 3 hours, flipping ribs over and basting on the hour.
- After 3 hours, remove foil and turn all ribs meat side up, turn oven to broil.
- Baste often for 20-30 minutes until a nice glaze builds up on ribs.
- Remove oven, let sit for 3-5 minutes and Serve.