This is the best recipe for a tasty, filling home cooked meal that will stick to your ribs and make you feel like taking a nap. It’s perfect to marinate the meat and let it soak overnight then throw everything in the roaster around noon and you’ll have one helluva dinner. Add a heavy, dark Cold Beer and you’ll be feeling the food coma in no time.
3 to 4 lbs Beef Chuck Roast or Sirloin
1 Tbsp Flour
2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Steak Seasoning
1/2 large Onion, chopped
3 cans Beef Broth
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 package Dry Onion Soup Mix (optional)
3 Tbsp Oil
6-8 Potatoes, quartered
1 lb Baby Carrots
- Combine Flour, Salt, Pepper and Montreal Steak Seasoning on Cookie Sheet.
- Dredge meat with flour mixture (in Cookie Sheet).
- Put the 3 tablespoons of oil in Large Frying Pan/Skillet.
- Brown/Sear meat and chopped onion in a skillet in hot oil.
- Drain Oil and Grease after Meat is cooked and place on side for the moment.
- Add 1 can of Beef Broth to SlowCooker and preheat to 350 F.
- Place Meat, Potatoes, Onions & Carrots in roaster.
- Mix 2 cans Beef Broth and Onion Soup Mix together.
- Pour Beef Broth w/Onion Soup Mix over roaster contents.
- Cover and lower temperature to 250 F.
- Let roast for 3-4 hours — until Meat is fully cooked and Vegetables are tender.
And there you have it, a wonderful home-cooked meal guaranteed to fill you up and pass you out.