I hate to burst your bubble, but if your coleslaw has a white, creamy mayonnaise based sauce, then you’re doing it all wrong. This makes a great Old Style Coleslaw that you can throw on your sandwich along with FrenchFries to make a Primanti’s type of meal, or as a side dish to your next BBQ or get together or you can just enjoy it as a healthy snack.
- 1-2 lbs Sliced Cabbage (either bagged or fresh cut)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar (You can also use White or Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 2 Tbsp Cold Water
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Course Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- Thoroughly blend Oil, Vinegar, Water, Salt, Sugar and Pepper with a whisk or in a cruet.
- Mix Cabbage and Dressing in a large bowl, making sure all the cabbage is covered and blended.