No Thanksgiving meal is complete without smothering your mashed potatoes and Turkey slices with a think, rich, tasty gravy. Here’s one you can whip up right after pulling the bird out of the oven.
- 5 cups turkey stock with pan drippings
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Bring the turkey stock to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in soup, and season with poultry seasoning, pepper, seasoned salt, and garlic powder. Reduce heat to low, and let simmer.
- Warm the milk in the microwave, and whisk in the flour with a fork until there are no lumps. Return the gravy to a boil, and gradually stir in the milk mixture. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, or until thickened. Be careful not to let the bottom scorch.