With winter coming up, Stews make a great stick-to-your-ribs meal that will feed you for a few days for only a few dollars a serving. Try out this recipe over the weekend and you’ll be surprised how good it tastes even into the middle of the week.
- 2 lbs Pork Shoulder
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 lb Sausage
- 1 lb Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Dredge pork in flour. Brown pork in a dutch oven or skillet.
- Stir in Water, Salt, and Chili Powder then bring it all to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours, or until Pork is almost tender.
- Stir in Sausage, Tomatoes, Onion, Garlic, and Oregano.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes longer, or until meat is tender.