Pork loin is a great dinner idea. You can cook pork in so many different ways and styles that it is a perfect medium to try and play around with flavors. This is a recipe I seen that sounded pretty tastey, and the mango chutney gives you a fresh option instead of the usual BBQ sauce.
- 1 Pork Loin
- 1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Apple Juice
- 1/2 cup Red Onion (diced)
- 1 tsp Ginger Root (minced)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilies — (crushed)
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 lb Fresh Mango — cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 3/4 lb Granny Smith apples — peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2″ pieces
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place pork loin on a rack, uncovered, in a
- Roast for approximately 15 minutes per pound or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Bring remaining ingredients, except for the fruit, to a boil; simmer until the sugar is dissolved, about 15 minutes.
- Add the fruit, simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until chutney has thickened slightly. Let mixture cool.
- Puree half of mixture to brush onto smoked pork loin during the last 30 minutes of roasting.
- Use the remaining chutney as a condiment for the pork.