So, for Christmas, I got a nice griddle. Besides the normal pancakes and french toast, There’s a ton of stuff you can cook on a griddle. Here’s a great recipe I found for Philly Cheesesteaks that can be done on the griddle pretty quickly. So fire that griddle up and get to making these awesome American Classics!
- Sliced Chip or Rib Eye Steak
- Cheese Whiz
Dice Onions and any other vegetables that you want on your sandwich and sautee them in a small amount of vegetable oil until carmelized (about 10 minutes). You can then place these aside until the meat is thoroughly cooked
- For best results use a stove top or electric griddle.
- Start with a cold griddle. Spray with non-stick vegetable spray.
- Heat grill until hot, then reduce heat to Med/High.
- Lay partially frozen (easier to separate) whole steak slices on the griddle in columns. Add a small amount of water to the griddle around the meat.
- After 30 seconds, flip each piece of steak over and cook until meat is no longer pink. Do not add more water unless the meat is sticking to the griddle.
- Remove promptly, so as not to overcook the meat.
- Lay 5oz. of steak on each roll in WHOLE slices, Top with cheese, and any other toppings that you desire.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.