This is a good recipe for a creamy, crunchy breading that goes great on Salmon and other fish. It’s kind of a copy of the Olive Garden’s Parmesan Crusted Talapia but with a few changes. The recipe here is for Garlic croutons because I happen to always have those in the house, but you can substitute Breadcrumbs, Crackers (Ritz),
- 1 Cup worth of Crushed Croutons (Breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2-4 Lemons
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning (or Basil and Oregano)
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Cracked Sea Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- In one bowl, Thoroughly mix the Mayonnaise, Parmesan Cheese, Italian Seasoning, Salt & Pepper, Garlic and Red Pepper Flakes. In another, juice the lemons and mix with the olive oil.
- Marinate the Salmon in the Lemon Oil mix for about 10-30 minutes then lay out on a baking sheet and cover with the Mayonnaise mixture.
- Coat the Salmon with the crushed croutons or breadcrumbs, then let cook in a 400 degree preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until Salmon flakes easily with a fork.