These tasty little treats are super easy to make and they are perfect for an after holiday dinner dessert and go great with coffee for breakfast. Instead of paying way too much for the store brand, you can make your own batch of 40 or so up for about 7$ which is almost unheard of anymore.
- 16 oz Package of Oreos
- 16 oz Semi Sweet Baking Morsels
- 8 oz Package of Cream Cheese
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.)
- Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.