Well, Today I’m on an Olive Garden kick. Here’s the recipe for Capellini Pomodoro, which is a light, extremely flavorful sauce on top of angelhair pasta that makes for a wonderful lunch. Just enough to fill you up but not overload you and give you the after eating sluggishness that usually comes with pasta.
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 lbs Plum Tomatoes or Roma Tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 oz Fresh Basil Leaves (minced)
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1 lb Angel Hair Pasta
- 1/4 tsp Course Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 oz Oregano (minced)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- Heat Olive Oil and add Garlic; cook until it turns white.
- Add tomatoes and Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Chili Flakes, Oregano and Basil and heat through, stirring constantly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1/4 Hot Pasta to pan and flip to coat the pasta, emptying pan into a serving plate with majority of sauce on top, cover with Parmesan Cheese.
And there you have it, Capellini Pomodoro just like the Olive garden serves, but at a third of the cost.