One of my favorite appetizers at the Olive Garden is their Stuffed Mushrooms. They have such a great amazing flavor that I just can’t get enough of them. Here’s a quick recipe to make your own stuffed mushroom with all the taste but a quarter of the cost.
- 12 large fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavored dry stuffing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- crushed red pepper to taste
- Arrange mushroom caps on a medium baking sheet, bottoms up. Chop and reserve mushroom stems.
- Prepare chicken flavored dry stuffing mix according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Mix in garlic and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together reserved mushroom stems, prepared dry stuffing mix, cream cheese and imitation crabmeat. Liberally stuff mushrooms with the mixture. Drizzle with the butter and garlic. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and crushed red pepper.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 10 to 12 minutes, or until stuffing is lightly browned.