I’m a huge fan of Bacon and Mushrooms. I just think that together they have a great flavor that goes well with anything like Pizza, Red Meat, Poultry, Seafood, Pasta and Vegetables. This is a cream style sauce that is light, pretty quick and easy to make and is just full of flavor. Add some Peas and Carrots and this can even be topped with parmesan cheese and used as a cream sauce for raviolis or linguini just like alfredo.
- 1/2lb Bacon (Uncooked)
- 1/2lb Mushrooms (Any type will do)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Diced Onions
- 1/2 Stick of Butter
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Broth (Chicken, Vegetable or Beef depending on the meal)
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Seasoned Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to Taste
- Add Bacon to medium saucepan and allow to fry for a few minutes until it starts to brown. Add Onions and Garlic to pan and let them cook for about 4-5 minutes until they start to soften and turn translucent. Finally, slice and add the Mushrooms and allow everything to cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add and fold in the Flour and Italian Seasoning to the saucepan, thoroughly coating the vegetables. Let this cook for another minute to bring the dullness off the flour.
- Whisk in the liquid ingredients and stir until there are no lumps left. Bring this to a quick boil then turn back the heat and let it simmer 5 – 10minutes, You may have to add a little more broth if it thickens to much.
- Season to your liking with Seasoned Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper and then serve on top of Steak, Chicken, Seafood, Pasta or Vegetables.