This is a basic recipe for a louisiana style hot sauce. The vinegar is what gives it that Frank’s Red Hot / Trappy’s type of taste to give you heat and flavor. You can use any type of peppers that you want, the standard is cayanne or tabasco peppers but there is no limit as to what kind of mix you can make. If you like ’em, put ’em in!
- 2 Cups Hot Peppers, (No Stems or Seeds)
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup White Vinegar
- 3-6 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- In a saucepan, add all ingredients except the vinegar, cook on medium (simmering) for 10-15 minutes. Remove from burner and allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
- Pour in a food processor and turn on high, add the vinegar as it is blending.
- Pour into a sterilized jar with a tight lid and refridgerate, this will last about one month.