Yesterday was the Hawaiian Lua Feast here at my office, so they got a ton of food from Kona Hawaiian Grill. It’s an awesome place to try if you’re looking for something different, fresh and delicious, this is their version of barbecue Chicken made with a sweet teriyaki style sauce called Huli-Huli Sauce.
- 4-5 lbs Chicken Pieces
- 1 head Cabbage
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Sherry
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1 piece Ginger Root, crushed
- 1 head Garlic, crushed
- Combine Ketchup, Soy Sauce, Pineapple Juice, Brown Sugar, Sherry, Ginger Root, Salt / Pepper and Garlic in a large bowl and blend together.
- Take half of the Huli-Huli sauce and use it to marinate the Chicken overnight, save the other half for later use.
- Place Chicken on a hot grill or in the oven 6-8 inches from the broiler.
- Baste the Chicken frequently and continue broiling or grilling for about 10 minutes on each side or until Chicken appears done.
- Roughly chop cabbage and add to small sauce pot with remainder of marinade and bring to a boil, let boil for 3-5 minutes. Add Chicken to large dish or pan and cover with remainder of hot Huli-Huli sauce and the chopped cabbage, Serve.