This is the basic recipe for a Chinese style Hot Chili Oil. Super quick and easy to make and by making it yourself you can make it as hot or mild as you please.
- 1 Cup Peanut Oil or Olive Oil (Not extra virgin)
- 15 Dried Chilis
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- In a small sauce pan, heat over HIGH the 1 Cup of Oil. If it starts to smoke then turn off the burner.
- While tat is heating up, roughly chop up the chilis. Save the seeds and only toss the stems.
- Once the oil is hot, remove from the heat and add the chilis in. Also add in the Sesame Oil. Allow to sit until cool then add to a mason jar and this will be good for about a month in the fridge.
- It’s up to you as whether you want to strain the chilis out or not. I like to leave them in as they have a great taste and kick of heat.