This sauce is a Canadian favorite that is delicous on wings. It gives just a bit of heat but a real sweet, smooth flavor also. Whip it up sometime and glaze chicken wings on the grill or use as a side sauce to dip chicken, steak or french fries in.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (to taste) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup canned chicken broth
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth with cornstarch until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add in honey, soy sauce, vinegar and brown sugar; whisk vigorously until well combined.
- In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add in garlic and chili flakes (if using) cook stirring until softened (about 2 minutes, do not brown the garlic).
- Whisk in cornstarch mixture; bring to a simmer stirring constantly and cook until the sauce is slightly thickened (about 3-4 minutes). And enjoy!