This is a perfect recipe for Sundays. It’s easy to prepare and slow cooking lets all the flavors really blend together.
- 2 lbs Flank Steak, pounded and flattened to 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Bread Crumbs (or Croutons)
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning (Equal parts Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary)
- 2 Jars Spaghetti Sauce
- Mix together the Cheese, Eggs, Breadcrumbs, Seasonings and Garlic in a food processor and blend until it’s thoroughly mixed.
- Lay out a flattened Flank Steak and layer filling evenly over the meat, roll it up tightly like a pinwheel and then tie it with a piece of butchers string or a toothpick. You don’t want them to blow open while cooking. They still taste great but the looks aren’t too easy on the eyes.
- After the Braciola are rolled up, add them to a skillet over medium high heat and turn to brown the outside entirely. After all the rolls are browned, add them to a casserole or baking dish or slow cooker and cover with the Spaghetti sauce. You can also add meatballs or sausages to this sauce to make a Sunday feast. Allow to cook for an hour at least, up to 3.