Portobello Mushrooms are huge, meaty and perfect for grilling. These Italian-style Grilled Stuffed Portobellos make for a fresh twist on the cookout besides the usual Steaks and Dogs.
- Olive Oil
- 4-6 Large Portobello Mushroom, Stem Removed
- 3-4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Cup of chopped Cherry or Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Cup of chopped Fresh Mozzarella (water packed)
- 1/4 Cup chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro for Garnish
- Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Brush Mushroom caps with Olive Oil and season with Salt and Pepper. Grill on Medium-High heat for about 5-7 minutes per side until tender.
- In a side bowl, Mix the Tomatoes, Basil, Garlic, Mozzarella and Onion Powder with about a teaspoon of Olive Oil, then Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Spoon equal amounts into the Portobello caps and top with a little bit of Fresh chopped Cilantro as a garnish.