I found this recipe online to make a Ghost Pepper / Mango Chutney that would go great on pork or chicken. You can add or decrease the amount of Ghost Pepper that you use to taste, as this will make for a spicy sauce. A Ghost Pepper or Bhut Jolokia is about 6-10 times stronger than a Habanero, just to give you something to think about.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Mangoes – peeled, cored, diced
- 1 small Onion – chopped
- 1 dried Bhut Jolokia chili pepper or 2 Tbsp Ghost Pepper Powder
- 1/4 cup Lemon or Lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste OR 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a 2-quart saucepan. Add Mangoes, Onion and Ghost Pepper. Simmer over medium heat, stirring often, until Onions are soft and translucent.
- Add Lemon/Lime Juice, Tomato Paste/Ketchup, and Sugar. Simmer, stirring often, for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with Salt and Pepper.
- Chill until ready to serve.