During the summer, Potato Salad is a staple at just about everyone’s cookout. it’s quick, flavorful and easy to make, and it goes great with just about everything. Here’s a recipe for a German style potato salad that gives a little change to the normal boring potatos and oil/vinegar.
- 3 lbs Potatoes
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard
- 1/2 lb Bacon
- 1 medium Red Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put the Potatoes in a large pot and boil for about 20 minutes until tender and easily pierced by a fork. remove then cut into chunks. Add to large bowl.
- While potatoes are boiling, cook bacon in separate skillet until crisp, put aside on paper towels to let grease drip off.
- Add Onions, Garlic and Crumpled Bacon into bowl with potatoes.
- Add remaining liquid ingredients and toss thoroughly, salt and pepper to taste.