I love breakfast, and French Toast is a staple of it. It’s a nice substitute to pancakes or waffles, and gives the added protein from the eggs. Here’s the bare bones basic recipe that you can use to whip up a quick French Toast breakfast for yourself and yours.
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Sliced Bread
- 1 Tbsp Butter or Margarine (melted)
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Bacon Salt
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Mix all ingredients except for Bread in a medium-large sized bowl, whisk thoroughly.
- Lay Bread in egg mix and flip so both sides are soaked thru.
- Place slice of bread on hot griddle for a few minutes each side until both are golden brown.
- Cover in more Brown Sugar, Powdered Sugar, Fruit or Maple Syrup.