I seen this recipe for a breakfast casserole. It’s basically a huge omelette that you can prep the night before and then throw it in the oven for a half hour in the morning as you’re getting ready for the day. This recipe will make enough to eat off of all week, just wrap with foil when it’s done and microwave the portion you want the next day.
- 1lb ground Sausage
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Onion, Sliced
- 1 Green Pepper, Sliced
- 1 Cup Potatoes, thin
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Slices Bread
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fry the sausage until it’s browned. You don’t need to overcook it. Set it aside on a paper-towl lined plate to drain off some extra grease.
- In a bowl, whisk up the Eggs, Milk, Seasonings and Butter.
- Cut the bread into cubes and layer them on a large, greased casserole dish.
- Layer the ground Sausage on top of the bread. Stack on the Onions and Green Peppers, then cover with the thinly sliced potatoes.
- Pour on the whisked Egg mix and top with Cheese.
- Throw in a 350 degree oven for about half an hour until the middle is cooked.