Cold Smoking is needed if you want to smoke cheese, olives, fish and other items that don’t need a high heat to cook, or items that you want to impart a nice strong smokey flavor. I’ve seen these from time to time and gave it a try the other weekend. It turned out pretty good and was a fun little 2 hour project while sipping on a cold beer with some good tunes.
- Soldering Iron *****(With a NEW, UNUSED tip)*****
- Tin Can *****(Non BPA Lined)*****
- Can Opener
- Wood Chips
- Open the Can but only open the lid about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way, then fold the lid back.
- Using a Can Opener, Punch a hole the size of the soldering iron’s shaft at the other end of the can.
- Insert the Soldering iron in the can and then fill about halfway with woodchips.
- Place on the grill or on a non flammable surface and plug in the Soldering iron, it will start smoking in 3-5 minutes and puts off a good amount of smoke for such a small, inexpensive setup.