Try this recipe for a tasty Hungarian home-style mushroom soup that will stick to your ribs. The prep is pretty easy and you can make up a big batch to last as lunch all week for only a few dollars. You don’t have to add Beef in but it does make it a full meal in a bowl if you do.
- 2 lbs Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 lbs Potatos, cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1 lb Steak, sliced into thin slivers (optional)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 4 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Cups Milk
- 4 Tbsp Flour (All Purpose)
- 4 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Hungarian Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In large skillet, heat up a tablespoon or 2 of vegetable on a medium heat and cook down the Mushrooms, Onions, and Garlic about 10 minutes or so until the mushrooms start to cook down. Add Beef and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add Beef Broth, Potatoes, Flour, Paprika, Salt and Pepper, whisk thoroughly. Slowly add in milk while whisking. Turn down the heat so that it is just barely simmering and let that cook for about 10 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are soft, remove from heat and stir in the Sour Cream.