With some extra cranberry sauce leftover from Thanksgiving and some chicken breast, I tried out this recipe that I seen online and really liked the twist of flavors. The sauce would be great on shrimp too or even as a dip for chips and pretzels.
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Cranberry Sauce (Whole Berry Style)
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp pressed Garlic
- 1 tsp finely grated Ginger Root
- 1 tsp ground Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a small saucepan, Whisk Cranberry Sauce, Wine, Soy Sauce, Garlic, Ginger and Pepper.
- Warm over low heat until Cranberry Sauce melts and sauce is thoroughly mixed. Set aside
- In a large bowl, Dredge chicken lightly in flour to give a light breading to the Chicken.
- In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Turn over and continue cooking for 5 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through.
- Pour cranberry sauce over chicken and let simmer 1 to 2 minutes more minutes to glaze the sauce up just a bit.
- Serve over Steamed Rice or with a Salad and Vegetables.