So, if you’ve watched the Godfather, then you know the scene that I’m talking about. Basically, it’s a quick part of the movie where Clemenza is describing how to make his Spaghetti Sauce. I’ve always added a little bit of sugar and wine to my red sauce to give it some depth and sweetness, and after seeing this on another site, I figured I’d add in a quick recipe here on how to make it.
- 2 large (28-ounce) cans Tomatoes (whole, crushed or chopped)
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Dry Red Wine
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3-4 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 10-ounce or 2 6-ounce cans Tomato Paste
- 1 lb. Italian Sausages, grilled and sliced
- 1 lb. cooked Meatballs (use your favorite recipe)
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pot.
- Add garlic and cook for a few minutes. Do not let the garlic burn.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously so that a relatively smooth consistence is reached.
- Add sausages and meatballs. Stir until the meat is coated.
- Add a splash of red wine, then the sugar according to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for a minimum of 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Serve on top of your favorite pasta and Enjoy!