Egg Drop soup is a great quick lunchtime meal that’s healthy, light and quick and easy to make. All you need is a few chicken bouillon cubes, some eggs, and green onions.
- 4 cups Chicken Broth or Stock
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 -2 Green Onions, minced
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Hoisin or Soy Sauce
- A few drops of Sesame Oil
- In a wok or saucepan, bring the 4 cups of Chicken Broth to a boil. Add the White Pepper, Salt, Soy / Hoisin Sauce and the Sesame Oil if using.
- Cook for about another minute. Very slowly pour in the Eggs in a steady stream.
- To make shreds, stir the egg rapidly, to make thin streams or ribbons, gently stir the eggs.
- Garnish with green onion and serve.