When I worked at the Olive Garden, this had to be by far, my favorite dish to cook. The sauce is probably the most unhealthiest one that they serve, but the taste is outta this world. Plus you can use the sauce for just about any type of pasta or meat or even as a dipping sauce on the side.
Scampi Sauce Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 3/4 cup Milk , hot
- 2 tablespoons Garlic , crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Dried Cilantro (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- Course Ground Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup White Wine
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 lb Angel Hair pasta , cooked and drained
- 2 Bell Peppers , thinly sliced
- 1 Red Onion , thinly sliced
- 10 Garlic Cloves , roasted
- 2 Chicken Breasts , sliced
- Olive Oil
For Scampi Sauce:
- Heat butter over low heat. add the Garlic, Italian Seasoning, crushed Red Pepper and Black Pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add the Wine and Chicken Broth. Stir until combined. (I usually cook mine for about 30-40 minutes).
- Add 2 tablespoons flour and cook for 2 minutes on med. heat. heat stirring constantly. Slowly add 3/4 cup hot Milk (hot so it won’t get lumpy).
- Place sauce to the side
Putting it all together:
- In a large skillet, saute Chicken in a little olive till Golden brown (about 3-5 minutes).
- Flip the Chicken and then add the Peppers and Onions, saute till both sides of Chicken golden brown and cooked thoroughly.
- Add the Scampi Sauce. Let cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is warmed. Add pasta to saute pan and flip to coat pasta, then pour into a serving dish.