This recipe is for a quick Chicken Cordon Bleu dinner. It has it’s roots in Switzerland of all places, but was more American-ized in the 50’s. It’s a nice take on the normal baked chicken and makes for a nice entree with some masked potatoes and greenbeans on the side, or, don’t bread the chicken and it makes for a great sammich filler.
- 6 Chicken Breasts
- 24 Slices Prosciutto (Ham)
- 1/2 lb Bacon
- Small Block of Swiss Cheese
- Grated Parmesan
- 2 Cloves minced Garlic
- 3 – 4 cups of Breadcrumbs
- 1 stick Butter (melted)
- Italian Seasoning ( Oregano and Basil)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sriracha Sauce
- Pound out the chicken breasts until they are about 1/4 thick at most. Lay them out flat.
- Give them a quick brush with some melted butter, then lay a slice of prosciutto (ham), a slice of Swiss, some bacon crumbles, and another slice of prosciutto (ham). Sprinkle on some grated parmesan and Italian seasoning then squirt a line of Sriracha on top.
- Roll up and toothpick to keep them together, brush on a little more butter, then roll them in breadcrumbs.
- Place in a foiled covered casserole dish in a 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, after that, remove the foil and broil for 4-5 minutes. until the breading starts to brown a bit.