Casseroles are great for feeding a group of people for cheap. One of these green chile chicken casserols will feed 4 big guys for about $25 and that’s including a 12 pack of Dos Equis. This is a full meal in itself, add a salad on the side and you can stretch it out even further.
- 2lbs Chicken breast
- 1 bag Shredded Mexican blend Cheese
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 4oz can Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 Jalapenos, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cans condensed Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- Favorite Seasonings
- Four tortillas
- Combine Onions, Garlic, Jalapenos, and Green Chiles in sauce pan and saute for a few minutes until the garlic is cooked. Add in Chicken Broth, the condensed Cream of Chicken, Sour Cream, and your favorite Seasonings, bring to a simmer then remove from heat.
- In a casserole dish, spoon out some of the mix then layer with some tortillas. chicken, cheese and repeat. Cover the top layer with cheese and some Jalapeno rings.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 20-30 minutes until the cheese is bubbling.