I made this soup after coming across the video on youtube. It’s so easy it’s stupid and it makes for a good healthy lunch. I like broccoli but usually only when it’s stir fried in a sauce so I added a few things to mix it up. I threw in 3 cloves of garlic and about 1/3 of an onion to the broccoli as it boiled and then added that to the food processor. Also, Instead of drizzling the Olive Oil in the bowl I just added about a tablespoon to the blender as well so that it was mixed in. Instead of the walnuts and goat cheese, I just shredded some pepper jack cheese and then I used Sriracha to drizzle over at the end.
- Broccoli Florets
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Goat Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Boil Large Pot of water, add some salt and then then broccoli. Cover and allow to boil.
- Slice the Goat cheese, you can dip the knife in the boiling water to keep it from sticking and crumbling the cheese.
- After about 7-8 minutes the broccoli should be done, if it cuts easily it’s good.
- Add Broccoli to a blender, save about 1/2 cup worth and set aside then use the water to fill up cover the broccoli in the blender. Puree everything on pulse until the broccoli is smooth. Taste and add Salt and Pepper to your liking.
- Roughly chop the broccoli that you set aside and add that to the blender to give is a few chunks and some texture.
- Lay the walnuts down in the middle of a bowl, place a few pieces of Goat cheese on the walnuts then fill with some soup. Add another sprinkle of Pepper and a swirl of Olive Oil. Serve.