Tommy Dinic’s in Philly makes this Broccoli Rabe that they put on top of their sandwiches, it’s something a little bit different then the usual which makes for an interesting mix. You can make this as a side dish for any type of meat or veggies but, It goes best on top of a Italian Roast Pork Sandwich with Sharp Provolone and extra “au jus”
- 1lb Broccoli Rabe, (Rapini)
- 5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 head Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add Broccoli Rabe to boiling water and allow to cook for roughly 5 – 10 minutes.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, heat Olive Oil and saute Garlic for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the Broccoli Rabe and saute 10 to 15 minutes, or until desired doneness. Dust with Parmesan Cheese, if desired.