Fire up the grill and give these stuffed onions a chance. They’re a nice way to switch up the menu and they jsut explode with flavor from sitting and grilling / steaming with all that bacon and butter. Plus, with being so easy to cook, you can throw these on the grill off to the side with some corn and let them cook up while you’re finishing the steaks.
- 6 Large Onions (preferably Vidalia)
- 1/2 lb Cooked Bacon
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 Cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Fresh Thyme Leaves, chopped
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Seasoned Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut just a bit off of the top and bottom of the onion so that it sits flat, using a sharp paring knife, cut a cone shaped hole in the top of the onion, don’t cut all the way thru as we need this hole to fill with our stuffing mixture. Sit the Onion down in the middle of a square of Aluminum Foil.
- Mix all other ingredients into a bowl and then stuff the tops of the Onions with the infused butter. Wrap them up with the aluminum foil.
- Place the foil wrapped Onions into a grill on Med-High Heat and allow to cook for about 30 minutes, remove, allow the foil to cool for a minute and serve!