I love Google and I love Bacon. When you search Google for Bacon, you can find all sorts of magical recipes and ideas. Like this one here.
- 2 ounces bacon grease
- 1/4 pound red onion — dice fine
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- Place the bacon grease in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the
onions and sauté until the onions start to blacken.
- While the onions are carmelizing, in a mixing bowl place the water, honey and red wine vinegar.
- Using a wire whisk, mix the ingredients well. Add the cornstarch and
whisk well. After the onions have carmelized, add the Dijon mustard to the onions and stir together with a rubber spatula.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and Tabasco to the mustard and onions and mix. Continue stirring until mix thickens and comes to a boil. Remove from heat and store in refigerator until needed.