I’ve been on a French Dip Sandwich kick for the last month or so now. I think it’s the Au Jus that keeps me ordering them again and again. This is a easy sandwich to make if you want to just spend a nice night inside, instead of running out to a bar for this delicacy.
- 2-3 lbs sliced Roast Beef
- 1 12-16 ounce Can Beef Consommé
- 1 12-16 ounce Can French Onion Soup
- 1 12-16 ounce Can of Dark Beer
- 1 Large Onion (Sliced)
- 4 Hoagie Rolls (French / Torpedo Rolls)
- Sliced Swiss or Provolone Cheese
- 1 Cup of Butter
- Combine all ingredients except the rolls in a crock pot. Let simmer for at least six hours, or until Roast Beef is tender and flaky.
- Split open and butter a Hoagie Roll, then lay out the Cheese. Pop that in the broiler until the cheese melts and the roll toasts just a bit.
- Pile the meat on the roll and add just a bit of Au Ju on top of the meat.
- Serve with Hot French Fries and a Bowl of Juice on the side!