This is a basic Sunday recipe to feed a few people on the cheap. Same recipe as lasagna just with different noodles, so you can make this with just about any type of starch. For a southwest style you can use taco sauce and Cheddar cheese with some Tapatio hot sauce.
- 1 lb Pasta
- 1 lb Beef or Sausage
- 2 Jars of Spaghetti Sauce
- 1/2 bag of Shredded Italian Cheese
- Garlic Salt
- Italian Seasoning
- Start by browning the meat in a large skillet, then drain excess oil and set aside.
- Boil a large pot of water, add some oil and salt. Once it’s a rolling boil, add in the pasta.
- Cook up the pasta to the “Al Dente” time listed on the package. Any type of pasta will work but Mostaccioli or Penne is recommended. Drain and leave in the colander.
- Take a casserole dish and coat the bottom with sauce then layer Pasta, Meat, Cheese and Sauce until full.
- Sprinkle Parmesan, Pepper, Garlic Salt and Italian Seasoning on top.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.