You can’t go wrong with Bacon! These little appetizers are easy to make, easy to cook and more importantly, easy to clean up afterwards. Try making them for your next get together.
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 32 peeled and deveined medium shrimp, tail-on
- 1 (4 ounce) can pickled jalapeno peppers, cut into slivers
- 16 slices bacon, cut in half
- 32 toothpicks
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cut the shrimp along the back, nearly through to the front. Stuff each shrimp with a sliver of jalapeno, then wrap with half a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Now, you can either deepfry them until the bacon is crispy and golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes, or you can throw them in the oven at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes until the bacon is browned. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate before serving.